Bridget's School Days Snickerdoodles


I don't have a lot of memories attached to snickerdoodles. I suppose that's why I wasn't planning on posting the recipe when I made them the other day (for that reason I don't have any process pictures). But, another twin mom friend if mine (she has 4 month old cuties), Bridget, asked about the recipe. She explained that in college "they had this bag lunch thing and we could choose a cookie and the snickerdoodles were the size of like... A ..oh crap I dunno. They were giant... and perfectly cooked." After that I realized a couple things:
1. How in the world could I deprive a new mommy (of twins nevertheless) a recipe for what she considers "the best cookie ever?!"
2. The point of posting recipes may not be that they are my memories associated with them, but bring back fond memories for others. Good lesson.
So, please enjoy! Sorry they aren't giant, Bridget!
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put parchment on cookie sheets (or leave, no need to grease)
In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream together the shortening, butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir in the eggs one at a time. 
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended.
In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
Roll dough into balls using small ice cream scoop (or guesstimate about 1- 1 1/2 inch rounds), then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar. Place them onto the cookie sheet, two inches apart.
Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google Follow me on Instagram Email me