Easter 2014

This Easter we decided to stay here in Berkeley and join our friend, Rich, in his (very large) family's annual picnic (complete with delicious food and a game of football) at Redwood Regional Park right down the street in Oakland. Our buddy, (Uncle) Cannon, came with us as well, to make it an even more enjoyable day for our family! 

This year the girls were decked out in adorable dresses that are very near and dear to my heart for two reasons: 

1. They were hand-made by their incredibly gifted Great Grandmother, Helen (with little sewn-in tags that say "made with love for Ruby/ Vera," but, the girls are napping now so I don't dare sneak in and attempt to take a picture).

2. Some of the fabric used to make them was from dresses (also hand-made by Grandma Helen, of course) that my sister, Michele, and I had when we were Ruby and Vera's age. Can it get any sweeter than that?! 

Here are some pictures of the girls first Easter!

My beauties and me





"Look Uncle Cannon, I can fly!"

Vera loves her pretty dress!


Rich's mom, Isabel, was smitten!

Ruby will hate me for this one day




"Hold me closer, Tony Danza"

Rich and Vera

Daddy's girls


Ruby got the memo!

No one could resist this bunny!


Girl talk

"Oh no she didn't!"




4 comments:

  1. Melissa, your family is SO adorable! These little ladies seem like such little heart-stealers. I'm so happy for you girl!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! Their adorable-ness is definitely overwhelming (most of the time). We're trying to plan a trip up for a friend's wedding in September. It'd be nice to see you guys!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Chels! I'd love to see you and Evan soon!

      Delete

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google Follow me on Instagram Email me