Vera and Her Daddy

This past week or so the girlies have had horrible colds. At first I thought Ruby was coming down with allergies because of the quick onset of sneezing, coughing and runny nose. But, when Vera woke up on Saturday morning with gunk all over her little nose we knew it was officially a cold for both love bugs. 

On Monday night, amidst the continuing efforts to clear up these girls' colds -- humidifiers, steamy bathrooms, baby Vicks all over their little feet, me sucking snot out of their nose with the nosefrida (is it weird that I actually kind of enjoyed doing that?), etc. -- I got food poisoning from a tuna melt I had eaten (and not even really enjoyed!) for lunch earlier that day. Joe, without hesitation, not only got up to take care of all three of us all night, he stayed home yesterday (Tuesday) to take the girls to the pediatrician to make sure all was well with them (which it was). His comment to me (once I felt better) was, "That's why tuna, mayonnaise, and heat are NOT your friend." Words to live by. 

This morning the girls were still feeling a bit groggy and sick. Joe sent this photo for me to show the them: 


Here is what happened:



How lucky are we to have such a great husband and daddy to take care of us? We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google Follow me on Instagram Email me